Asparagus with ham, new potatoes and Hollandaise sauce
05 - 04 - 2016
- 750 g white asparagus
- 750 g baby potatoes
- 150 g boiled ham off the bone
- boiled egg
- dash of dry white wine
- dash of good quality white wine vinegar or lemon juice
- laurel leaf
- 100 g butter
- 2 egg yolks
- Peel the potatoes, cut into pieces and boil in salted water.
- Peel the asparagus. Put to boil in clean water with some salt, once the water boils leave the asparagus to boil for 8-10 minutes. (Until done. This depends very much on the thickness, so test with a fork and taste.)
- First the reduction: boil the white wine & vinegar, laurel leaf, chopped shallot, and plenty of freshly ground pepper until one tablespoon is left. Let it cool down and mix with the egg yolks. Now make the sauce in a bain-marie. Whip the yolks and add soft butter in knobs while stirring, add a new knob of butter each time the butter dissolves.
- Put the ham, potatoes and asparagus on a plate, pour the sauce over the potatoes and asparagus. Finish with a boiled egg and some finely chopped parsley.