Salade de liège with yellow baby potatoes
05 - 04 - 2016
- 500 g green beans
- 500 g bacon bits
- 500 g baby potatoes
- 1 lettuce (or a bag of mixed lettuce)
- 1 dl red wine vinegar
- groundnut oil
- 1 shallot
- Salt and pepper
- 100 ml chicken broth
- 1 tbsp sirop de Liège (optional)
- Steam the baby potatoes in their skin. Clean the green beans and break off the stems. Steam the beans al dente, then plunge into cold water.
- Season the bacon with pepper and fry until crusty in a pan.
- Mince the shallot. Clean the lettuce and arrange on the plates (make a “bed of lettuce”).
- Cut the potatoes in half. Fry the shallot in some oil, and add the potatoes. Brown nicely, and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour out the excess fat in the frying pan and add the red wine vinegar. Add a bit of oil and season with pepper. Taste whether more salt is needed and add the broth. Leave to boil.
- Arrange the green beans, the potatoes and the bacon on top of the lettuce. Finish with the dressing.
- Serve the salade de liège!
Tip: if you find the vinaigrette to acid, you may add a spoon of sirop de Liège.