Add variety with potato specialities during the holiday period!
22 - 12 - 2016
We cannot repeat it often enough: potatoes are delicious, healthy and versatile; fortunately the Belgians are also mad about them. Fresh potatoes continue to be used a lot, but more and more often we are seeing a shift to convenience products. Convenience products mean saving time and ease of use.
Potato still popular
The potato is a favourite and is often asked for on the menu. Potato specialities are being served more and more often as an alternative to the boiled or steamed potato. Potatoes are rich in carbohydrates and contain a lot of fibre. They are a good source of energy. Potato specialities put lots of taste variety on your plate and they do not really contain more fat, calories or salt than the classic recipes.
For a variety of meal times
The varied range of potato specialities is growing every year. There are freshly frozen and freshly chilled potato specialities. Pomuni focuses mainly on frozen potato specialities such as fine puree, specialities based on potato puree and oven specialities
Pomuni uses selected potatoes.
Specialities based on potato puree
Croquettes based on potato puree, not pre-cooked (with breadcrumbs).
- Croquettes: always allow 5-6 per person
- Mini croquettes: allow 8-10 per person
- Oven croquettes: allow 4 per person
For mashed potatoes there has long been a choice between natural puree that you season to taste, and puree that has already been seasoned with herbs and spices.
- Noisettes: potato noisettes prepared with a lightly herb-flavoured smooth puree and coated with a fine, crispy and golden yellow crust. An ideal garnish for all dishes, popular in particular during the game season and the holiday period. Allow 13-14 per person
- Duchesses: based on lightly herb-flavoured puree, enriched with butter. The main advantage of the duchesse potato is that the portions can be perfectly measured. They combine a crispy bite on the outside with a delicious potato puree on the inside. Allow around 5 per person
- Pine cones: a potato speciality in an original pine cone form. They taste delicious and are crispy. Allow 6 per person.
- Specialities for children such as waffles, stars and smiley faces. Prepared with soft puree and coated with a fine, golden yellow and crispy crust. They are suitable as appetizers or as a garnish for a main dish.